Saturday, February 21, 2009

When Luxury is not An Luxury Anymore.

What do you think about a brand M fast food or a brand K fast food outlet??
What does it reminds you when you are at St**b*c*s drinking a Venti size drink??
Well, for most people, it might mean nothing to them.
But for a person like me who grows up without the influential of the fast food concept, whose financial status was totally being controlled in about RM 10 per week, these things in terms of fast food will automatically falls into the Luxurious category. I would consider brand M as a “sacred” food as it doesn’t have an outlet at my hometown. Although I’ve been visiting shopping complexes, when I see St**b*c*s, I won’t even dare to enter the shop as the price of the drinks would at least cost me about RM10. Months ago, I started to visit these shops more often. Until the last time I went to those places, I’ve found out that the feeling has vanished. I don’t feel any more anxious when I visit those outlets.
I felt that there is nothing more to be anxious about. I just felt like a teenager going to a school daily. Nothing special about it anymore. I just felt that I should change myself as I’m feeling that I’ve spending inappropriately. I must try to control myself. I felt even sorry when I meet with people with disabilities. They seem to be stronger. I felt bad for not being able to help them. Instead of satisfying myself with these things, I should contribute more to help them. I must feel fortunate for everything I have now. As there is a Chinese proverb saying that “比上不足,比下有余。”, Which means, by comparing with the better ones you‘re never enough, but when u compare with the lower ones, you are much more better.
People are strange actually. When they receive help they think that you must help them. But when you are in need, they never contribute; instead, they look at how you fail.




No comments: